I have to admit, though I was busy tapping away at my own computer on personal business all weekend, I was hoping to fire up the internet this morning to some interesting news from Hollywoodland. Alas, nothing too scandalous happened! It looks like the days of the Hollywood Party Girl are waning, if not over (and we thank our lucky stars. How sick were you of seeing some passed out fading starlet on the cover of the rags every week? I know I was).
Aside from Ashlee Simpson-Wentz engaging her husband in a massive public fight and some new somewhat scandalous news of America’s Golden Boy Michael Phelps’s car accident, there’s nothing blaring from the headlines. Anyway, here’s what I’ve rounded up for you on this beautiful Monday morning.
Aside from Ashlee Simpson-Wentz engaging her husband in a massive public fight and some new somewhat scandalous news of America’s Golden Boy Michael Phelps’s car accident, there’s nothing blaring from the headlines. Anyway, here’s what I’ve rounded up for you on this beautiful Monday morning.
District 9 ruled the domestic box office with $37 million from 3,049 theaters. (This blogger thinks their amazing advertising campaign really paid off!) G.I. Joe followed in second place with an impressive $22.5 million in its second weekend, and The Time Traveler’s Wife pulled in $19.2 million. Not too shabby for a sub-par film (read my own review here). The Goods, meanwhile, totally bombed. (Variety)
People is reporting that Michael Phelps admitted to drinking a beer an hour and fifteen minutes before his car accident last week. (People)
Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and husband rocker Pete Wentz had a nasty public fight. (Perez Hilton)
Jennifer Lopez is one hot mami! (Seriously? This is the mother of year-old twins. Amazing!) (Splash News)
Lily Allen broke down in tears in the middle of a show in Finland, further adding fuel to certain blogger’s fire that she’s a complete mess. (The Sun)
Did you know that the International Olympic Committee was planning its own TV channel? Well, apparently the project’s been put on hold. (Variety)
Hailey Glassman is still basking in her quickly fading fifteen minutes of fame. (People)
Kendra Wilkinson and hubby Hank Baskett have chosen a name for their unborn baby boy. (Perez Hilton)
The next D-list cast of “Dancing With the Stars” has been announced! (People)
AMC threw a “Mad Men” premiere party and costume contest in Times Square on Sunday. (AMCtv and Examiner.com)
The Hollywood Reporter expounds on the use of product placement in “Mad Men” (Hollywood Reporter)
Alyssa Milano got married. Hollywood goes “Who?” Paparazzi say "What?" And the rest of the public doesn’t care. But good for her! (People)
And finally....
Taylor Swift may not be the best singer, but she's still adorable. View her MTV VMA promo below:
0 comments:
Post a Comment