WELCOME TO POP-THOUGHTS!

This is a space where commentary on pop culture, its phenoms, femmes, and flops, roam free. Opinions of all kinds welcome!

Beyonce Toppled--My Latest Pop Obsession

Alright, Beyonce's video just got its ass handed to her by Britney Spear's new video for her "Womanizer" follow-up, "Circus." I used to loathe BS, but her last album, "Blackout," was fun, sexy, and a little dark. After the success of her single "Womanizer" (which I thought was okay, but don't love), I've been curious about her next album, "Circus," which just released on Tuesday, December 2. (The album is on my Christmas list, so I've yet to hear the whole thing.)

Whether you love, like, tolerate, or downright despise Britney Spears and her music, you have to check out the video for her single, "Circus." It just leaked onto the Internet, and I have to say: It's fantastic, indulgent, and ridiculously entertaining. The cinematography leaves nothing to be desired, the choreography and the back-up dancers are amazing. I love the rich colors--reds, silvers, and golds, the way it's shot, and the lighting is beautiful. And I gotta say: I do like this song. Aside from the lame intro where Britney puts on jewelry, I love this music video. Britney's poorly done live acts of this week (did you see her on GMA on Monday?) leave me in doubt about her so-called "recovery" and "comeback," but from this video, there's no doubt that she's been working with amazingly talented filmmakers. Major kudos to them and to her producers.

CLICK HERE to check out the video.
Or paste this into your browser: http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/oDSf8DcOUto/

Britney's underwhelming performance on GMA:

0 comments:

Post a Comment